An important question, why blogging?
Blogging is very important for every business because you want to air your message out there, reach to potential customers and make a difference online.
People may not buy what you offer right after they land on your blog but for sure they will have it in the back of their minds. They have a thousand and one things to think about, remember!
As the result, your brand will stick to their minds and consider purchasing what you offer when they are in need in the future.
Persistence above all
This ensures that you are always visible online through blog posts and articles that you share. Hence, your credibility rises, clients take you seriously, and doors you didn’t expect to open will reveal themselves wide in front of your own eyes.
People find it hard to buy a service from someone new. But if you keep the vibe by regularly posting, people will treat you as an expert in the field, put a trust in what you offer, and of course, buy!
They need to see what you offer at least 5 times before they take you seriously and break their bank accounts.
Where to start a blog?
Simple question! There are a lot of online platforms to help you start a blog. The few are;
- Self-hosted WordPress blog (your own)
How to blog?
This is another question of paramount importance.
Here are 5 things you need to do to make your blogging journey a success and keep people interested in your blog.
- Inform; some people might not know what they need until they are shown. Show them the benefits and features of products/services you offer. They are probably what they need at the last step to make their lives complete!
- Educate; not everyone is able to search and learn a completely new thing. Blog about “How to” guides to show people how to accomplish certain tasks which they have no experience on.
- Inspire; most people procrastinate. Can you inspire them to do something they always put off?
- Entertain; give them a good read, light-heartened humor. It’s priceless!
- Promote; not too much, hehe! But promote your brand.
Keeping the above in mind whenever you blog, whether people will read your blog or not, you will have already made a difference. Trust me!
Now, creating a blog post, some basics
A good blog post is that of 300-900 words in length. Google loves these and will easily index them. They neither tire readers.
Insert keywords at the beginning and the end of every post.
Make use of heading, i.e. H1, H2, H3, etc.
Create catchy headlines to steal attention.
Put yourself in the shoes of your readers/audience. See what problems you can help them solve.
Give a free eBook or a free training to your clients.
I think, therefore, I blog.
“If your business is not on the internet, then your business will be out of business”. – Bill Gates. Of course, he wasn’t kidding when he said that.
Latest posts by Julius Kessy (see all)
- 7 Beginner Tips To Become A Super Successful Website Content Writer - September 21, 2018
- Make Money Writing Online in Tanzania with These 6 Ways - September 14, 2018
- Why Does Writing for Social Media Matter? - September 6, 2018