You cannot thrive online if you write crap content. If you are a blogger, you cannot flourish your blog, and sell products or services with poorly written content that doesn’t even click the nerves of your readers.
Starting a blog, declaring that you are a writer isn’t enough! You should be able to demonstrate your working knowledge through well written content, which allure readers and inspire them. This is of paramount importance in article writing. Here are some few tips to keep in mind if you at all need to write articles that convert.
1) Know what works; understand the market. Read the minds of your readers, and know what attracts them and what makes them bully your blog. By merely knowing this, you’ll concentrate into writing content that ignite the interests of your readers. Readers will take you serious because you take their needs seriously. You will find yourself curating exciting content with ease without a throbbing headache.
2) Keep it readable; using head cracking vocabularies doesn’t romanticize your writing. It makes you look careless, lose readers, and face rejections. The best way is to use simple words that your readers use. Think like your readers, and write to them. But this doesn’t have to compromise your quality. Write easy to read content that your readers don’t have to spend time pressing their noses in dictionaries to look for the meaning of words in your article.
3) Avoid blanket conclusions; don’t end your article bluntly. It’s harmful for your career as a writer. Always leave a take-home message to your readers, or look for a positive reaction from them. Look for these kinds of impressions, “wow! This was awesome” or “your writing style is cool. I better hire you for my projects”. As a writer, the internet offers a lot to help you make a living online. But to excel, you need to write content that will make your competitors look like distressed typists ever.
4) Never edit your own work; lest you look like Narcissus who fell in love with his own image, and get drowned! I know, the urge to edit your own work is real. But can you just hold it? You might be skilled in both writing, and editing. But you have to give your work to someone who can cross-check your grammar, title formulation, organization of your ideas, etc. This will make you grow.
I should quote Octavia E. Butler that American fiction writer, and the daughter of a housemaid and a shoeshine man; “You don’t start out writing good stuff. You start out writing crap and think it’s good stuff, and then gradually you get better at it. That’s why I say one of the most valuable traits is persistence”. Get these tips buried and decomposed in you, be consistent, and soon you’ll reap the fruits of your labor.
What others tips do you use to write articles effectively? Share them with me in the comments so others can relate to you.
Latest posts by Julius Kessy (see all)
- 7 Beginner Tips To Become A Super Successful Website Content Writer - September 21, 2018
- Make Money Writing Online in Tanzania with These 6 Ways - September 14, 2018
- Why Does Writing for Social Media Matter? - September 6, 2018