Our Essay Writing Contest is not only about finding people who can write well. Indeed, the aim of the contest is to identify individuals who have both critical thinking and writing skills. The 2016 Essay Writing Contest focuses on two aspects:
- The ability to think critically
- The ability to express thoughts clearly and logically
Custom-Writing.org awards scholarships of $1800 in total to the most vivid, versatile, and talented writers in our upcoming Essay Writing Contest.
- The Essay Writing Contest starts on October 10, 2016, and lasts for two months.
- Any student, regardless of academic level and location of studies, can participate.
- Three winners will receive prizes totaling $1800.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE;
There are no strict requirements for participants. Custom-Writing.org requires the following:
- Participants must be students of any educational institution in any location. Academic level and major do not matter.
- Each student must write an essay on one of three given topics that fulfills all instructions and submit it before the deadline to email@example.com
- Participants must share this post on their Facebook, Google+, and Twitter accounts and attach screenshots to prove it when submitting the essay.
- By submitting an entry, students agree to the terms and conditions of the contest and acknowledge that the choice of the judges is final.
Scholarships of $1800 in total will be awarded to the best three essay writers:
- 1st place — $800
- 2nd place — $600
- 3rd place — $400
Winners get more than just significant cash prizes—their talent will be recognized by our proficient writers and editors, and their works will be published on the Custom-Writing Blog
INSTRUCTIONS FOR ESSAY SUBMISSION;
- Participants must follow all instructions to be eligible to win the contest.
- Write one essay on one of following three topics:
- Why do you think it is important for students to improve their essay writing skills?
- How can having less homework help improve learning?
- Are the requirements of academic writing too strict? Should writing be simpler for students?
- Essay requirements:
- Has a word count of 450 – 650 words (excluding footnotes, bibliography, title page, and article title)
- Is written in US English
- Contains no plagiarism
- Has a file name of “Essay Writing Contest_Last Name”
- Is submitted in .doc or .docx format
- Has a bibliography that lists two or more peer-reviewed sources and no sources older than five years
- Uses the APA Formating Style
Please note that to be accepted, your essay must contain all required elements of APA formatting style:
- Title page formatted correctly
- Header with running head and page numbers on each page
- References page
- You can find the full list of requirements in this APA Formating Checklist
Send your completed essay to firstname.lastname@example.org by the deadline given below. Late submissions will not be accepted.
ESSAY WRITING CONTEST SCHEDULE;
Start of Essay Writing Contest — October 10, 2016
Duration — 2 months
Final deadline for submission — midnight EST on December 10, 2016
Winners announcement — January 20, 2017
Each participant can earn 100 points in total.
All works will be checked by the team of professional writers and editors at Custom-Writing.org.
Review the grading criteria below to make your essay perfect:
Correct APA style — 20 points
Excellent grammar, spelling, and punctuation— 20 points
Focused content — 20 points
Clear expression of thought and style — 20 points
Strong organization — 20 points
On December 28, 2016, the best 15 essays will be published on the Custom-Writing Blog where readers will have the opportunity to help us determine the three winners.
Each reader will be able to vote for his or her favorite essay by sharing it only once on each social media account: Facebook, Twitter, and Google+.
Online voting will last until midnight EST on January, 18, 2017.
Taking into consideration the results of online voting and the grades from our expert writers and editors, we will determine the final three winners of the Essay Writing Contest.
Winners will be announced on January 20, 2017, on the Custom-Writing Blog
To receive a prize, winners must provide proof of enrollment. In case the winner is unable to provide proof of enrollment, the prize will be given to the next eligible participant.
My Writers Bureau.
Latest posts by Julius Kessy (see all)
- Beginner Bloggers Ask-What’s an Ideal Length of a Blog Post? - May 24, 2018
- 4 Reasons Why You Should Start Blogging On Your Website - May 18, 2018
- Beginner Bloggers-What’s the Name of Your Blog? (And How I Chose Mine) - May 13, 2018