Submissions are now being accepted for the AfDB Development Evaluation Week 2016 Essay Contest. The contest is open to AfDB regional member country nationals who have proven experience and/or an educational background in evaluation.
The theme of the 2016 contest is: “Evaluating the AfDB “High 5’s” for transforming Africa.” AfDB is looking for essays that offer practical and innovative solutions on evaluating the “High 5’s” and that focus on value, innovative approaches, challenges or other relevant aspects of evaluating long term development challenges.
The African Development Bank
15th September, 2016.
- Essays may be written in either English or French (3,000–4,000 words). All essays should be submitted in Word and pdf format and include an abstract. Submissions must be original and unpublished papers, and must include reference notes and a bibliography if other authors’ works are cited. Submissions will be judged (by a panel comprising AfDB and non-AfDB evaluation and other development professionals) on the following criteria:
- Focus of the essay on the topic and how well the main point is supported with well-developed reasons and/or examples
- Clear description of the rationale for the approach proposed
- Creativity, originality and a fresh point of view
- “Realness” of analysis and solutions proposed for the African context
- Valuable content and/or research incorporated into the essay
- Clear presentation of the topic, including organization and format of the essay
- Language use and style, including spelling/grammar/mechanics/word Count
- Eligible Countries: AfDB regional member countries
Thttp://idev.afdb.org/en/page/3-call-essayshe top five essays will receive a trophy and a certificate, and the essays will be published in eVALUAtion Matters, AfDB’s quarterly knowledge publication. In addition, the author of the best essay will receive a $2,000 bursary to attend Evaluation Week in Cote d’Ivoire; the runner-up will receive a $1,500 bursary to attend Evaluation Week; and the second runner up will receive a $1000 bursary to attend Evaluation Week. Winners will be notified by end September and announced at AfDB Evaluation Week.
To enter the 2016 Essay Contest, submit your essay along with a cover sheet indicating your name, affiliation, gender, nationality, mailing address, e-mail address, telephone/fax number (if available), and a note on how you learned about the contest. Also include a one-page CV showing your educational or professional experience in evaluation.
Submit your essays via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that submitted essays will not be returned. Any essay that does not follow the criteria specified above will be disqualified.
For more inquiries;
Visit the competition web page at; http://idev.afdb.org/en/page/3-call-essays
Latest posts by Julius Kessy (see all)
- 4 Reasons Why You Should Start Blogging On Your Website - May 18, 2018
- Beginner Bloggers-What’s the Name of Your Blog? (And How I Chose Mine) - May 13, 2018
- 5 Tips to Become a Motivational Speaker (Beginner’s Guide) - May 11, 2018