There are three categories:
• Poems: 42 lines maximum, no minimum, the title is not included in the line count.
• Short stories: 5000 words maximum, no minimum, the title is not included in the word count.
• Flash fiction: 250 words maximum, no minimum, the title is not included in the word count.
Entries can be on any subject, and written in any style or form.
Entries must be in English.
Entries must never have been published, self-published, published on any website, blog or online forum, broadcast nor winning or placed (as in 2nd, 3rd,, runner up etc) in any other competition.
The Prize is open to writers of any nationality writing in English, 16 years old and over at the time of the closing date.
31st May 2016
£8 for each submitted flash fiction
£9 for each submitted poem
£10 for each submitted short story
• Poem: 1st prize £5,000, 2nd prize £1,000, 3rd prize £500, Highly Commended 10 x £100
• Short story: 1st prize £5,000, 2nd prize £1,000, 3rd prize £500, Highly Commended 10 x £100
• Flash fiction: 1st prize £1,000, 2nd prize £500, 3rd prize £250, Highly Commended 3 x £100
For more details please visit the competition website; https://www.bridportprize.org.uk/
Comradejuliusofafrica-The Writers Bureau
Latest posts by Julius Kessy (see all)
- 4 Reasons Why You Should Start Blogging On Your Website - May 18, 2018
- Beginner Bloggers-What’s the Name of Your Blog? (And How I Chose Mine) - May 13, 2018
- 5 Tips to Become a Motivational Speaker (Beginner’s Guide) - May 11, 2018