The Scythe Prize is an annual publication comprised of pieces of short fiction and creative nonfiction written by budding collegiate voices. Submissions are collected in the spring, editors select a number of pieces, and a prize jury selects the winning short story and essay. Pieces selected by editors appear in the printed anthology which is available in November. The printed anthology will be available in November and will be available through the world’s largest distribution channels.
Any unpublished short story or creative non fiction
The Scythe Prize
The winning story author receives a $250 prize, as does the winning author of the creative nonfiction category.
April 30, 2016
» We will be taking submissions for consideration for The 2016 Scythe Prize publication from March 1 to April 30, 2016.
» To receive updates and a reminders, please subscribe.
» There are no fees associated with submitting or being considered for publication.
» To submit your manuscript for consideration for publication in 2016, please use the following instructions:
» Email your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Submission” in the subject line.
» Attach your entire manuscript to the email in Microsoft Word format (preferred) or as a PDF. Do not attach anything to the email besides the Word or PDF manuscript; include all other information in the body of your email.
» Provide the following information:
1. Your full name
2. Your college’s name
3. Your mailing address
4. Your phone number
5. The title of your work
» Submit your manuscript between March 1 and April 30, 2016. If your manuscript is selected for publication, we will email you in June of 2016. See schedule for publication below.
» Our preliminary timeline (subject to change without notice) is:
1. Receive submissions March 1 – April 30, 2016
2. Selections completed by May 31, 2016, authors of selected submissions will be announced in June 2016 and winners will be announced at that time.
3. Advance Copies of the 2016 Scythe Prize available July 2016
4. Final edition print: December 2016
Do you have any questions? Send them to email@example.com
Comradejuliusofafrica-The Writers Bureau.
Latest posts by Julius Kessy (see all)
- 4 Reasons Why You Should Start Blogging On Your Website - May 18, 2018
- Beginner Bloggers-What’s the Name of Your Blog? (And How I Chose Mine) - May 13, 2018
- 5 Tips to Become a Motivational Speaker (Beginner’s Guide) - May 11, 2018