For published and aspiring writers alike – enter the Writers’ & Artists’ Yearbook 2016 short story competition. Arvon run three historic writing houses in the UK, where published writers lead week-long residential courses. Covering a diverse range of genres, from poetry and fiction to screenwriting and comedy, Arvon courses have provided inspiration to thousands of people at all stages of their writing lives. Find out more and book a course online at http://www.arvonfoundation.org/
Don’t forget to read the full details, terms and conditions (below) before you enter. Please remember to register on https://www.writersandartists.co.uk/ before submitting your entry.
Any short story on the theme ‘ageing’
» A cash prize of £500
» A place on an Arvon residential writing course of your choice
» Publication of your story on https://www.writersandartists.co.uk/
Monday 15th February 2016 (midnight)
1. No purchase necessary, but entrants must be registered on https://www.writersandartists.co.uk/
2. The competition is open to all ages, professions and nationalities, and you don’t have to reside in the UK to enter.
3. All entries must be original unpublished prose of 2,000 words or fewer.
4. Writers may submit one entry only.
5. Winners will be notified at the email address stated in their entry. Sign-up for our newsletter here if you want to be notified about the winner or check back on https://www.writersandartists.co.uk/ You can also follow us on Twitter and Facebook where competition updates will also be posted.
6. Entries must be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading: ‘WAYB16 competition’
Please include your email address and other contact details in the body of the email. Your entry can appear in the body of the email or as a Word/PDF attachment. As long as it’s clear and easy to read, we have no other formatting requirements.
7. Your entry must be submitted before midnight on Monday 15th February 2016. Entries will not be accepted after this date.
8. By submitting, all entrants thereby grant The Bloomsbury Publishing Group the right to publish their entry on https://www.writersandartists.co.uk/ in the event of their work being shortlisted and/or winning the competition.
9. The Bloomsbury Publishing Group cannot accept responsibility for entries which are not received or which are received after the closing date due to technical failure or for any other reason.
10. Winners agree to participate in publicity events in connection with the competition.
11. The Bloomsbury Publishing Group and the winners may enter into agreements which will grant The Bloomsbury Publishing Group the publishing, broadcasting, serial and electronic rights in the shortlisted and winning entries.
12. The Bloomsbury Publishing Group reserves the right to change the rules of this competition without notice.
13. The winners of the competition will be notified in March 2016 and the winning entry published on https://www.writersandartists.co.uk/
14. Prizes must be taken by 31 December 2016 and are subject to availability.
15. The decision of the competition judges will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
16 Employees of The Bloomsbury Publishing Group, and members of their immediate family, are excluded from participating in the competition.
17 We may, from time to time, inform you of new books and special offers that we think will be of interest.
Please send direct competition queries to email@example.com Any sent to firstname.lastname@example.org will not be answered.
Comradejuliusofafrica-The Writers Bureau.
Latest posts by Julius Kessy (see all)
- New Blogger? Here’s an Easy Guide to Blogging - August 19, 2018
- The Untold Story of Irfan Hafiz-The Indefatigable Writer Who Wrote Three Books Using One Finger - July 30, 2018
- 6 Things You Should Know Before Hiring a Translator - July 23, 2018