We are now taking entries for the second national Speech Writing Competition!
A visit to Malawi to see ActionAid’s Irish Aid funded women’s rights programme first hand in 2016.
The Topics for 2015/2016
1. 2015 is European Year for Development, what can Ireland and Irish Citizens do to create a more equal world?
2. The Human Rights Based Approach to Development looks at structural causes of inequality. How can this help women living in poverty?
3. Why are women’s rights important within international development and ending poverty?
To be eligible: Students must be aged between 14 to 17 years as of 11th January 2016
Speech Length: 10 minutes approximately or 850 and 1,000 words.
Deadline: 11th January 2016
Final: Royal Irish Academy, Dublin 2, Thursday 3rd March 2016
Email entries to firstname.lastname@example.org or
172 Granby Place,
Dublin 1, Ireland
Entries must be submitted with a signed declaration of original work
For more information please read our terms and conditions or email email@example.com
This year’s final is sponsored by Dublin Bus and the Trophy for the winning school is sponsored Four Courts Press
To view the last year’s final and more information visit; http://www.actionaid.ie/speech-writing-competition
Comradejuliusofafrica-The Writers Bureau.
Latest posts by Julius Kessy (see all)
- Beginner Bloggers Ask-What’s an Ideal Length of a Blog Post? - May 24, 2018
- 4 Reasons Why You Should Start Blogging On Your Website - May 18, 2018
- Beginner Bloggers-What’s the Name of Your Blog? (And How I Chose Mine) - May 13, 2018